Monday, June 16, 2008

I Feel...

Blog 6:
Take this time out to do some self-reflection.

Example: "In the Dominican Republic, revolt and public protest is an essential aspect of the political atmosphere. Everyone here is kept abreast of the political situation here and is aware of where the authority lies. Yet, look at the conditions many Dominicans live in. In the United States, conditions are relatively tolerable, but the idea of revolt and protest in the U.S. is looked upon as treason. I consider myself free and well off in the United States. But at what cost?"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Francesca Sherman: "I Feel…"
It's crazy to think we've been here for two weeks already. I feel like we arrived yesterday, but also like we've been here for years. It's crazy how comfortable our group has become; I love it. I love joking around on the bus and challenging each other in reflection meetings. As the en of the trip approaches, I feel overwhelmed. I don't know how I will talk about this experience and I don’t know how I will readjust. I feel like I've had many life changing experiences here and have changed in ways I am completely unaware of, and I don’t know if the "new me" will fit in the "old me's" life. It's a scary idea, going home, and I'm not quite ready for it. Luckily, I have 5 days to get ready!